I was helping a friend fix his hacked site when I had to disable ESET to check where his injected code was (because the website ran an img iframe hack to download a trojan on the user’s machines). I found the issue and told him what to do but had my own machine infected in the mean while :(
Chrome kept redirecting me to his website when I opened a new tab (which thankfully Chrome kept warning me was a malicious page). If I kept a tab open with his site, it wouldn’t redirect me again. The problem was localized to Chrome only so it was a browser based problem.
Simple fix, clear cache and clear old plug-in data. Voila! ;)Created: 16th August 2011